Sunday, March 01, 2009

Daring Bakers Challenge #3- Flourless Chocolate Cake

Jeez I hope they haven't checked yet. I'm a morning late in posting. First the required stuff:

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE’s blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.
We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.

I really enjoyed this challenge. As anyone knows. I love me some chocolate. And a recipe that calls for a whole pound(!) and is served with homemade ice cream.... SIGN ME UP!

I did 1/2 the recipe, and did it in two small springform pans. 1/2 of a springform was just enough. I was so excited to try it that I didn't even let the ice cream get quite hard enough. YUMMMMY. Kind of dry, though, especially for something that had so many darned eggs in it. Ahh well. It was still VERY enjoyable. I love pulling out my ice cream maker. It's a great tool and makes great stuff. I'll definitely use the ice cream recipe again, and am glad I tried out the flourless cake.

It made for a lovely Valentine's dessert!

No comments: