
We have once again returned from the Big Island. It was a shorter trip this time, but just as wonderful. The pictures show it better than i could ever explain, so I'll let them do most of the talking. Some Highlights, though:
- The coral "graffiti" Honu that we created last summer is still there, and virtually untouched around mile marker 79. We were so proud!
- Making time for real vacation (ex: sitting in a lounge chair by the pool for umpteen hours in a row) will a wothrwhile use of time.
- Pahu I'a at the Four Seasons has unseated Daniel Thiebaut as the best meal on the island. Maybe the best meal ever. We're turning into foodies, Hubby and I.
- All of the best goodies can be bought at Farmer's
Markets and Roadside Stands. We bought tropical flowers to enjoy in our room, a tiki for the house,
andlots of treats at our favorite fruit stand. If you happen to be passing by the South Kona Fruit Stand, I highly recommend their fresh coconut macaroons, and their dark chocolate/coconut brownies! Hubby says try the tomatoes. - Baby Girl likes snorkeling (she thumped when I saw Honu), and did not want to leave the island.... in fact, I blame the crying fit I had upon leaving the Fairmont on
her. I wasn't overly happy or sad, but couldn't stop the tears. Really, though, who'd want to leave? Maybe she knows how much we love it there, and is excited for all the time she'll spend on that beautiful island in her life. We can't wait to show it to her for real!
No comments:
Post a Comment