Before: This is how we found the veggie beds when we moved in.

Kind of overgrown, a weed festival.....
We've been working on it, slowly and surely.
And here are the afters: I was super pleased when the stra

wberries, and what I believe to be Peonies came back, but I've also turned the soil, added more, and planted a bounty of yummies: Herbs, Heirloom Tomatoes, Zucchini, Rhubarb, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Soy Beans, Onions, and Snow Peas. Yummmmmo. Over the long holiday weekend, we also we also put down weed-preventing cloth and mulch in the pathways. Sunflowers, Nasturtium, Pumpkins and Gourds are seeded in the garage, and just need a few more weeks in their pots

before being planted int he garden. I also added two new rose bushes. Hubby put together a large compost bin for the summer months. A lilac tree to round out the backyard is on it's way. I'm starting to pull up the bulbs as the plants die. This year, I'll pull them up and get the rest of my layout complete, and next year's positioning will hopefull be somewhere I can leave them to naturalize. Hopefully this will keep me busy while I wait and hope that all my pretty little perennials in the front grow big and strong and get ready to bloom.
1 comment:
ohhh...who wishes she could help you cook with the garden results...this chick...
Post a Comment