At this year's Calabasas Arts Festival, one of our favorite artists proposed that our piece for this year be one created specifically to honor baby E (whom he couldn't get enough of- who can?). If you're me, you don't say no when Mr. Anthony Hansen makes a proposal like that! To give you a little background, he works in reclaimed automotive metal and creates beautiful wall sculptures. He's best known for his hearts, of which we have two. I love the contrast between the very masculine colors and material, and the feminine shape of the heart. He also does squares like these. This is what he created for E. I think it's sooooo incredibly cool. Pictures don't do it justice. Anthony does tons of shows all over the States. So, check out his website, and if you get the chance go see his work in person. He's an awesome guy, and a friend of ours, and we hope to be collecting his art for years to come. I'm also hoping that when we move, I can scout a great Denver show for him, so he can come and visit and we can keep up our art habit! Just one of the many reasons we need a guest room!
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Starting her art collection early...
At this year's Calabasas Arts Festival, one of our favorite artists proposed that our piece for this year be one created specifically to honor baby E (whom he couldn't get enough of- who can?). If you're me, you don't say no when Mr. Anthony Hansen makes a proposal like that! To give you a little background, he works in reclaimed automotive metal and creates beautiful wall sculptures. He's best known for his hearts, of which we have two. I love the contrast between the very masculine colors and material, and the feminine shape of the heart. He also does squares like these. This is what he created for E. I think it's sooooo incredibly cool. Pictures don't do it justice. Anthony does tons of shows all over the States. So, check out his website, and if you get the chance go see his work in person. He's an awesome guy, and a friend of ours, and we hope to be collecting his art for years to come. I'm also hoping that when we move, I can scout a great Denver show for him, so he can come and visit and we can keep up our art habit! Just one of the many reasons we need a guest room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment