Is that TMI? My milk production has been going down ever since the 4 month mark, when E started hitting me after three or four minutes when she ran out of milk. Soon after, she wouldn't even take the breast- just the bottle. Slowly, I went from 3 pumping sessions a day, to two, to one.... yesterday, I pumped for 15 minutes and got just an ounce.
I tried really hard, and almost made it to my goal of 6 months. I like to think that I've given her what she needs. Still, I can't help but feel like a bit of a failure. She got sick after my production went down, and has had a cold since. I hope this doesn't mean I'm a bad mommy. I want E to have the best start possible, and I know Mommymilk is the best thing. I'm ramping up the Fenugreek, and continuing to pump, hoping it'll come back, at least a little.
Hey, on the positive side.... maybe I'll lose the last of the weight now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shell, DOn't feel bad. It could be so many things why your milk gave up. If you want to keep nursing, keep trying to get her to suck, but if not, you did great! It's hard work!
Post a Comment