Monday, June 12, 2006

OWCH!

So, as a belated birthday to myself, today I received 10 stitches to the knee. I was headed back to the sofa with the kitten, and banged my knee into the coffee table. I knew I had given myself a doosy of a bruise, but didn't realize I was cut. I then sat down for an hour or two with crossed legs (making it much worse, I'm sure). It wasn't until three hours later that I noticed the two inch long gash (and only then because I saw the bloodstain on my treasured sweatpants). It looked deep, so hubby took me to urgent care and they sewed me up, and gave me a tetanus booster. The arm the booster went in actually hurts as badly as the knee, so I guess that means I'm healing properly. Still, because we were headed home for dinner plans after the actually stitching, I didn't get to take myself out for a "You're a brave girl" treat. I think it'll be just as good after I have my wound check today.

No comments: