Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Weekend Update

Another fun weekend in the life of Sweets and Hubby. Saturday was A from work's baby shower. Lots of fun, and even noodle kugel. Is that how it's spelled? I can't spell it, but I can show you a picture. It's delish. A loved her gift- very us. A Pooh shirt and Hubby-like plaid shorts.


Unfortunately, I had to duck out of the party early to head over to the local Toyota dealer. ISN'T SHE PRETTY??? This is the new family car, which will one day hold the family. She doesn't have a name yet, but we're working on it.


Sunday, Hubby, the Dudes and I went down to the California Science Center for the Marvel Science of Comics Exhibit, as seen here: http://www.calendarlive.com/galleriesandmuseums/cl-et-heroes29mar29,0,754545.story?coll=la-home-headlines It was a little more kid-friendly than any of us had bargained for, but it was a lot of fun, and it looks like we've found another few exhibits to hit. A couple weeks from now it'll be an Imax movie, and the Bog People. I'm not exactly sure what a Bog Person is, but it sounds creepy. I think after SuperHeroes and Bog People, I'm going to have to push for Air Force One or the Titanic Exhibit, or my favorite- Lorikeets at the Aquarium.


Yesterday was a tough day at work. We had to take the teen group to Disneyland. Overtime for riding Big Thunder- that's my kind of day! Disneyland with 5 adults = tons of fun. Hubby was missed. Food was great. As of now, the Main St. Corn Dog Cart and Tiki Room Pineapple Whip Hut are necessary stops. I'm personally of the opinion that Pinapple Whip should be sold by the gallon at the grocery store. HOWEVER, I took a few moments and found THIS: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/dolewhip.asp It will be tried this weekend. How much does that rock?

In other Disney news, I'm very upset that Pirates is closed so they can make it resemble the movie. You just can't DO that. I managed to have some fun with the Pirates regardless…… "Drink up me hearties YO HO!"


Finally, the big news: Suzipoodles is pregnant!!!!!!! It was the last thing I expected her to say when I picked up the phone this morning (and I was among the first called, by the way!), but this is the best, craziest, most fantastic surprise someone can get on a regular workday. She and the Vamp are going to be great parents. By the holidays this year, I'm going to be a pretend Auntie again. That thrills me to no end.

2 comments:

S said...

Nice car!

Sweets T said...

* Elvis Voice * Thank you, Thank you verra much.