
So, um, this whole breastfeeding thing isn't easy. Not at all. They make look fabulous, but the first two weeks have been excruciatingly painful, not to mention frustrating, AND expensive. You think you save money by doing it this way, but not so much when you send your husband out every 10 minutes to buy another "sore nipple" product at Babies R Us. I've got Guards, whichkeep fabric, etc off the nipple to prevent chafing and to keep it dry if you leak (which you do), as well as lanolin cream, and soothing gel pads. And today, I paid $100 to have a sweet little Kiwi woman come over, grab my boobs and try and teach me how to do it better. It's a tough row to hoe- the process of feeding and diapering her takes at least 45 min, usually, closer to an hour or hour and a half, and we have to repeat this dance every three hours.
In between bouts of crying in pain and frustration, I'm trying to keep my sense of humor. I mean, how can you not when a stranger is fondling you, trying to get your boob in your baby's mouth, and instead it squirts her in the face. HA!
All in all, I currently feel a little more like a barnyard animal being used for its goods more than a wife and mommy, but I'm dealing. Baby E is thriving, and that's what matters. And the weight loss helps. A lot. I'm trying not to think about the fact that the Lactation Consultant said I should only be losing a pound a month. Oops. I'll slow down to that rate as soon as I hit the same weight as hubby, who is currently still 10 lbs below my current weight. Not that this fact makes me feel like a heifer or anything....... Like I said..... MOOOOOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment