Weeks 18 and 19
My big AFP Blood test came back and shows no risk of genetic diseases, heard the heartbeat at Dr. G's. He tells me not to worry about the low-lying placenta, but the research I've done says it can cause bleeding or the need for a c-section. I'm not really worried, but I'm glad I know what's up. We're going to decide on our summer trip back East after the next appointment. Hopefully the placenta will be away from the cervix, and then we can go and spend a few days at the River with the fam. Otherwise, it's going to be simply a trip to Buffalo. Also fun, but will disappoint the in-laws if we can't make it for the River trip. Between that concern and the not-great picture we got of the girl-parts, Dr. G said I can have another ultrasound at my next appointment. YAHOO.
I'm still not really showing (unless I wear the right clothes), but felt something today that could have been her moving. It wasn't flutters or bubbles, but felt like something else someone described- like a goldfish bumping up against the side of the bowl. We'll see. If it continues to happen, I'll know it was real. I can't WAIT to feel her move. That's what makes weight gain (only 6 lbs so far), and sore hips and crazy dreams all worth it.
The best news of the week is that the best friend, Ms. Say is coming to visit this weekend. We're going posh baby shopping. YAHOO.
No comments:
Post a Comment